Amoula il Majnoona

Amoula's blog from Ramallah

Thursday, November 15, 2007

يوم الاستقلال

I woke up in a bad mood today and tried to ignore the fact that today is our so-called "Independence" Day. I don't think it is necessary for me to expound on the magnitude of the irony of that.

I headed out to the center of town and tried not to remember what happened to me and my sister last year on this day.
See: http://majnouna.blogspot.com/2006/11/almost-got-shot.html

I saw Raed, my favorite policeman directing traffic and I decided to stop and just enjoy. No matter what is going on, seeing him in the manara just makes me happy and changes my mood. Always.
I leave you with this short video clip of him directing traffic (filmed on my crappy little digital camera bess malash)

(By the way on November 4th he was awarded one of the Palestine Prize for Excellence and Creativity by the PA)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home